[PIGMI] TRON the game

Scott McNab scott.mcnab at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 18:03:30 PST 2010

On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 9:46 AM, Simon Wittber <simonwittber at gmail.com>wrote:

> The soundtrack was a perfect fit to the film, lots of crunchy, low
> fidelity filters and effects, simple synths reminiscent of cheesy
> arcade sound boards, melded perfectly with orchestral sections. While
> the soundtrack may sound repetitive on the surface (to an unaccustomed
> ear) you can dig very deep and discover a plenty of pleasing harmonics
> and subtle progressions.

I agree the soundtrack was great - some of the sweeping synth sounds
reminded me a lot of Vangelis movie sountracks of the 80s (e.g. Blade
Runner) but with a modern daft-punk take, which perfectly suits the 80's
"technology-revisted" theme.

IMHO the movie certainly isn't going to win any oscars but it was still
reasonably fun to watch (especially in 3D).

Scott