[PIGMI] TRON the game

George gt at crunchyfrog.com.au
Wed Dec 22 20:03:27 PST 2010

Just so you can see where I'm at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPMKClRHQMk

That is the trailer for my latest game. In that trailer you can hear
some of my music. The beginning has a 20 second excerpt from "O
Fortuna", which I used for dramatic impact and of course is not mine at
all and I'm taking no credit for it. But the music for the rest of the
clip is.

The inspiration: 90s metal, in particular Pantera's "Primal Concrete
Sledge". Double kick drum for racing pulse. Drop D tuning and raw
crunchy tone for guitar coupled with fast percussive strumming for
building tension and a sense of grittiness. Eerie guitar harmonics over
the top to give a feel of uncertainty and danger. Bass guitar kicks in
with crashing cymbals and double tom runs for the powerful, epic
sensation of battle.

In the actual game there are other pieces, such as the intro song that
brings you into the game, the upbeat and energetic rock/metal tracks to
accompany the missions, the nippy turnaround for when you've completed a
stage, the little mournful clean/acoustic number for when you've lost
your last life and it's game over. The excerpt from the video comes from
the track that is played when the end of stage Bosses appear - that's
where I wanted to ramp it up and really electrify the game.

--
   George