[PIGMI] So who's attending GDC 2012?

Paul Turbett (Black Lab Games) paul at blacklabgames.com.au
Wed Jan 4 19:48:31 PST 2012

They also cancel flights on a regular basis. I almost missed the start of
GDC last year due to AA canceling a flight on a whim.

On Thursday, January 5, 2012, Simon Boxer <sb at simonboxer.com> wrote:
> Ok, maybe not then. ha

> On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 2:06 PM, Jon Hayward <jon at game.pride.id.au> wrote:
>>
>> I would advise against using American Airlines atm,
they're undergoing insolvency issues atm and no insurer will cover you for
that flight.

>> On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 11:05 AM, Simon Boxer <sb at simonboxer.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Ah, haven't had that issue before. Usually I'd book through the Qantas
webby if they're cheapest.

>>> Also, within the US American Airlines is pretty cheap. Just don't rely
on getting to your destination right on time... Although I scored a $600
voucher for giving up my seat on an overbooked Dallas->SF and taking a
later flight. Covered my other domestic US travels!

we're doing a "Qantas" flight from syd to San Francisco with Delta >.<

the same (or maybe cheaper given you end in SF) if you get a Jetstar sale
flight to Melbs, and you get to fly on a more comfortable airline for the
long haul!

2012.  I'm already heading over with a small group and we have yet to
purchase our tickets to the conference, I'm wondering if we might have
enough to make group discount worth it.  And if you're looking for a cheap
flight to the US you can head to LA and back on virgin for $1670 (
http://www.virginaustralia.com/au/en/specials-offers/flight-specials/view-best-fares/)
so you would just need a cheap transfer.
was a recipient of it back in 2008 and the experience and networking I
have received has been excellent.  Applications are now open for 2012 (GDC,
SxSW and PaxEast) and you can check things out here (
http://www.igda.org/scholarships).

--
Paul Turbett
Black Lab Games