[PIGMI] How was GGJ Perth?

Daniel Eichling eichling at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 23:34:24 PST 2012

Super awesome guys.  I thought I'd share the games made at the gamejam over
here in St. Louis in case anyone was curious.  I'm being totally honest
when I say (and I think you will see) how awesome you all are.  The STL
site had a LOT of people, final count was around 80, with 13 attempted
games (Perth pulled off 12).

We had a lot more students and non-professionals involved, but still.
 There are some good games that were made, but we have a ways to go to
catch up to the quality to participant ratio you guys are running at. ;)

Although it has nothing to do with the theme (that I could tell) you should
check out TowelFight, and Obelisk has good polish.  The one that really
struck my heart was He Who Ages, but that's because of the presentation the
dude did who made the game, and without that I don't think it can even make
sense.  I wasn't on a team this year sadly, next year I hope to remedy that.

Great job everyone, I'll definitely play all these games, keep up the
awesome work and I miss you guys!

-Dan

>>> http://globalgamejam.org/2012/otherworld
>>> http://globalgamejam.org/2012/ourobash