[PIGMI] Vale Brendan Harkin: Founder of X Media Lab

X Media Lab megan at xmedialab.com
Thu Apr 8 20:16:10 PDT 2021

View this email in your browser (https://mailchi.mp/xmedialab/vale-brendan-harkin-founder-of-x-media-lab?e=79be767bbd)

** Vale Brendan Harkin

Brendan Harkin (https://www.linkedin.com/in/brendanharkin/) , founder and director of X Media Lab (http://xmedialab.com/) , passed away suddenly on Monday 15 March, 2021, after living the largest of lives.

Brendan was a weaver of networks and possibilities. A pioneering figure in digital innovation and media, he leaves an extraordinary legacy, and his loss is felt across the globe.

You can read Brendan’s obituaries here (https://www.brendanharkinxml.com/obituary) .

As a valued member of the X Media Lab communities, as someone who may have participated in one of the many X Media Lab events held in 14 countries and 22 cities around the world, as an avid reader of Brendan’s newsletters, we invite you to visit www.brendanharkinxml.com (https://www.brendanharkinxml.com/) – where you will find information about a virtual Ceremony + Celebration of Brendan (23/24 April depending on your time-zone); have the opportunity of sharing your own memories, photos and stories of him; and the space to remember him with others.

We have established the Brendan Harkin X Media Lab Scholarship Fund (https://www.brendanharkinxml.com/donations) to benefit students at the Johnny Carson Center for Emerging Media Arts (https://arts.unl.edu/carson-center) , where Brendan served as an Advisory Council Member.  You can make donations (https://nufoundation.org/fund/01155190/) in honour of Brendan’s memory and in acknowledgement of his contribution to the emerging media arts industries all around the world.

We hope you will join us in our Ceremony and Celebration of Brendan’s life (https://www.brendanharkinxml.com/) .

Warmest wishes,

Megan Elliott
Co-founder, X Media Lab

Copyright © 2021 X Media Lab, All rights reserved.
 You are receiving our newsletter because you opted in at our website, submitted a project for the Lab, attended a X Media Lab, or met X Media Lab somewhere in the world!

Our mailing address is:
X Media Lab
925 N La Brea Ave 4th Floor
Los Angeles, California 90038