[PIGMI] Php, MySQL, JavaScript with Linux

Will Dowling will at autodeist.com
Mon Dec 13 19:16:35 PST 2010

> I'm going through an OReilly book and at some stage I need to set up a
> Linux box.  I have 2 PC's and a Mac.  Is it possibly to make one Linux
> without nuking the existing OS on one of the machines?

The bootcamp tool under OSX will convert your partition table to MBR
format, resize your existing HFS+ partition to make way for a
DOS/Windows partition and set the startup disk to CD/Windows.

So run the bootcamp app then you should be able to reboot, hit alt on
boot and select your linux cd to install from.

Hope this (makes sense and) helps.

Will Dowling

T: +61 (0407) 421 559
F: +61 (08) 6364 4881