[PIGMI] TRON the game

Scott Kerr sedkerr at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 20:03:55 PST 2010

I agree with George, Tron is a load of rubbish and anyone who liked it is
wrong.

On that topic, I saw this thing the other day, a painting called
"water lilies" by some guy called Monet? What a load of bunk! Everyone was
raving about it so I went and took a look and was sorely disappointed. It's
just a bunch of leaves and flowers on a pond, I see leaves and flowers every
day, not at all memorable and no meaning whatsoever! Everyone seems to be
praising it based solely visual elements when obviously that doesn't matter
at all for a painting. People keep going on about it's 'killer brushwork'
but not only does some apparently good brushwork not matter at all for a
painting but once you take a good close look it's all just a splotchy mess
that doesn't look like anything at all! They told me to take a step back to
properly appreciate it but really, if a painting can't stand up to close
scrutiny how can you call it a masterpiece?

Anyway, I'd say that just like Tron anyone who likes that painting is wrong.
I don't get why they'd go on about it, it's almost like they think
appreciation of art and media is subjective or something.

:p