[PIGMI] TRON the game

Damian Del Borrello damofo at me.com
Thu Dec 23 02:55:20 PST 2010

Hey George,

Sorry for the late reply, been flat out getting work done before Xmas.

When I talk about a soundtrack am 100% talking about the combination of those elements (D,M,E) and it comes from the physical 'track' of sound that exists on a film print for a movie (it says this in the wiki link you sent - talking about the origin of the word). Since all movies that have major distribution (some limited release movies too) are still exhibited using 35mm film projectors I think it is still a very current term. It's a turn of phrase that I picked up while being mentored by some of australia's top mixers and sound designers at AFTRS. It is very much an industry standard in describing the sound and music for a movie. Most of the top sound designers and mixers in the gaming industry use the word it in that way too.

Semantic - no, pedantic - yes! : D
Like everyone on this list I'm very passionate about my craft and believe it's important for people to understand our value as technical artisans and respect what we do. I think discussions like this are always great for highlighting the 'unseen' collaborators role and raising awareness of the importance of every creative team member in a production.

*phew* I have a dream!!

Cheers,

daMo