[PIGMI] [OT][JOB] Hiring Software Developer

Chris Kruger chris.kruger at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 01:03:27 PDT 2015

Good Day PIGMI People,

Another Job opening here at MOKO Social Media.
http://www.mokosocialmedia.com

Headquartered in Virginia just outside of Washington, DC we are a NASDAQ
and ASX listed public company in the Social Media, Mobile Application and
Online Publishing space.  The development team as luck, logistics and
history would have it is based here in Perth, Western Australia (and has
been for 10 years).

As part of our corporate social responsibility and philanthropy programme
we also administer the not for profit MOKO Door Foundation.
http://mokodoorfoundation.org

Internally we have a pretty mixed software stack and are lucky enough to
have iOS, Android, C#/.Net, a PHP/Wordpress and Ruby on Rails teams.

We are currently hiring for the Ruby on Rails team. You don't specifically
need Rails experience we just need to believe you're going to love doing it.

The team is super laid back, informal and we usher an enormous amount of
cake through the door.

The job verbatim from seek.com.au is below.

If you are interested. You can email techjobs at mokosocialmedia.com

---

We are growing our team in order to develop and support new projects. We
are looking to hire a capable Perth based developer for a Ruby on Rails
role who derives joy from solving problems. We will be asking you to help
deliver solutions for high volume mobile and web applications to a global
market.

If you have proven success in a commercial development environment and
thrive in a multi-platform, energetic development environment ... and you
enjoy cake you have the makings of what we are looking for. This is a full
time position and we are looking to fill ASAP.

*Our Tech Stack:*

   - Ruby on Rails
   - Tested on RSpec
   - Your choice of workstation companion
   - Linux server minions in the cloud
   - Persistence with MySQL
   - Source Control brought to you by the letters G I and T
   - Trello

*Requirements:*

   - Proven commercial development experience
   - Experience with databases (a selection of MySQL, MSSQL, PostgresSQL,
   Oracle, sqlite) and SQL
   - Strong understanding of RESTful APIs
   - Understanding of unit and behaviour testing (BDD).
   - Permanent Australian resident
   - Self motivated

*Bonus points if you have experience with:*

   - PHP
   - apache and/or nginx
   - Solid front end experience with HTML5, CSS, Javascript
   - Native Mobile development for iOS, Android (Objective CC, Java, C/C++)
   - Other achievements you are proud of

So if this sounds like your cup of tea (or coffee if you would prefer),
then we would love to hear from you. A copy of your resume with a brief
outline of why you think you're right for this position will initiate the
process. If you can provide examples of your code (archive, URL, github,
bitbucket, sourceforge) it will greatly strengthen your application (please
don't send us stuff under 3rd party NDA - it is just awkward). We
understand you have to pay the bills, so we're happy to negotiate an
attractive salary commensurate with your experience & skill set. We offer
an informal, relaxed and flexible working environment with our emphasis
being on results not bureaucracy.

About the company:
MOKO Social Media Limited is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes
diversity. MOKO uses its mobile and web platform to build and provide value
to thematic online communities. MOKO is a 10 year old publically traded
company listed on two stock exchanges. You can find out more about the
company at http://www.mokosocialmedia.com
You'll be joining a small crew of motivated and awesome folks based in our
Highgate office in Western Australia overlooking the Beaufort Street café
strip.